copyrighted by limdejun;djrhapsody;darkdegree
right-click is banned @ gunshotx.blogspot
! dug deep in the sand
& in words of mine

-within the hidden words, i find
the love of moonlight
<body>
THIS
is where you pardon me if I happen to come undone.

bold italic underline link it all.

markcheng .

Name: Mark Cheng (kradnum)
Age: 20 going on 21.
Location: Singapore

NTU Wee Kim Wee School of Communication and Information'13
Anglo-Chinese Junior College'08
Unity Secondary School'06
Jurong Primary School'02

What you see on my blog, what you think and what you do thereafter, is your decision.

I'm readily contactable at markccy@gmail.com.

I'll gladly reply to everyone.

markccy@hotmail.com
for friendster.
and facebook.


recent comments .



REWIND .

June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
February 2008
March 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
October 2011


reads .

danrenzi.
mrbrown.
perezhilton.
pinkisthenewblog.
popaghandi.
postsecret.
thesuperficial.
xiaxue.


credits .

Designer: X X X
Image: X X
Style: X
Hosts: X X X
Font: X

Saturday, October 28, 2006
3:23 AM



My loyal readers would know that once in a while, Mark comes up with an inspiring entry - an entry that strikes you with motivation and renewed determination for the upcoming 'O' Levels Examinations. The last time I did this, was way back in September, just before the Prelimary Examinations. Now, that it's just 5 days away from the first paper, I've decided to come back and hit you with one last shot of Inspiration, just so those who've lost steam along the way, can benefit.

Two days ago, a friend questioned how badly I wanted to get a scholarship to study theatre at a prestigeous university in the States. She questioned whether I was even serious about my dreams of doing theatre, or whether they were really just that; a dream. It hurt me in a place that until now, I'm not able to identify. It made me think. Most importantly, it got me off my lazy, unmotivated ass, and made me worry enough to actually sit down and study with revived zeal.

Now I'm doing the same to you, and I'm going to hurt you in a place that you won't be able to identify. I'm doing this because it is the only to cause great enough an impact on you, to make you sit up and think clearly once more. It is the only way to slap you wide awake.

I want to grab you by the shoulders today and shake you to your senses because you're not studying. Why? Well, I can think of these three reasons, and I'm going to help you out of all three - as I always do.

numberONE.
You're giving up. No. You're giving up on yourself. That's what's happening, basically. You're thinking, "ah well, that's it. I'll go into the examination hall and I'm going to do what I can, and what I can't, well, I can't. Deal with it." You're tired of going through the same subject or topic over and over again and still not being able to grasp it.

The fix: GET HELP GET HELP GET HELP! Can I make it any more explicit? You can't get it, you need help. Period. Go ask someone for answers. Someone reliable. Like a friend of mine says: ask a friend for help. If the friend doesn't want to help, ask somemore. Bug him, irritate him, do whatever it takes, until he teaches you.

You can't give up. You can't do this to yourself. You owe it to yourself to get it all settled out because "(you) want what (you) deserve", and you should get what you want.

numberTWO.
You've lost sight of the finishing line. You're thinking, "ehh, it's still a long way to go. I can make it". Well, sorry honey, but the 'O' levels are only days away. It's not weeks, it's not months anymore. It's days. You're not aware of this, probably because time has stopped in your mind. It's happened before. It's happened to me.

The fix: You know, a book once told me that, in order to come out successful everytime (almost, at least), you have to "begin with the end in mind". Only then will your goals be clear all the way. Keeping your eyes firmly locked on to your target is the best way to make sure that you never forget why you're working so hard, and that in turn makes sure you never stop working! It's a completely brilliant plan, and most of all, if someone asks you why you're studying, you'll be able to answer immediately. Think of how impressed your aunties and uncles will be if you answered "I'm studying to become a director in a law firm by the time I'm 30, at the most prestigeous law firm in the country" immediately. Like, wow.

Oh, and constantly striking off and counting down the days to your first paper does give you an amazing adrenaline rush and a fresh wave of anxiety. That ought to perk you right back into studying, now would it?

numberTHREE.
Somehow you don't get how severe the consequences will be if you screwed up the 'O' levels. Sure, our seniors tell us to think that it isn't really such a big deal - that the 'O's aren't really all that difficult. Well, they are the seniors who STUDIED and were prepared for the O Levels. Ofcourse they don't think it's difficult because they worked their butts off to get that 7 points!

The fix: Wake up. You've been deluded for way too long and it's time you stop living by the laws of hedonism. Look at how hedonism have ruined those seniors of yours who now have nowhere to go, and are so unhappy, and not to mention ashamed. You don't want that to happen to you, so I suggest putting down that guitar and that rockstar dream of yours, and start paying more attention to your textbooks. Touching them, may give you that moment of pain, but NOT touching them will most definitely give you shame. Take your pick.

Bottomline is that, you really need to study. I'm telling you this from the bottom of my heart (even though me not telling you would give me less competition) because I don't want to see my friends fail. It's perfectly understandable if my friends and I drift apart because we're too busy living our Polytechnic and JC lives, but it is NOT acceptable if we drift apart because you're busy working three jobs to pay for your retaking of the 'O' Levels.

Worst case scenario is that I'll just have one less competitor, so why would I care, right? Think about it.


1 blabbs.