The Letter, directed by Justin Kan.
I realise that there is a very clear difference between a gay man, and a straight man. The difference doesn't lie in their physical builds, their effeminateness, or their promiscuity. It's exists on a deeper level, a more subconscious plain; in the mind.
A gay man is arguably more sensitive than the average guy. He takes certain words and actions very seriously and is easily influenced by such things. For the average guy, the simple act of waiting for another guy to go home together, is an act of friendship and i guess, companionship. After all, who likes to go home alone, right (okay let's ignore the exceptions)? But for the gay man, it's considered as extremely thoughtful, and caring. Wait for a gay man to go home together often enough and you'll find yourself hit upon. No it's not his fault, and neither is it yours.
A gay man catches certain words, certain glances and immediately starts processing them, and wonders if there are underlying intentions behind them. A simple glance may be mistaken for a sign of interest, and may spark his own instincts to act on you. A word of 'you're the best' would trigger him to wonder if it meant something more. It can't be helped.
In the gay society, you have to be discreet. Gay people find other gay people very in this manner, so they think like that, hence the heightened sensitivity to little details as I've mentioned.
I'm blurting this out not because I'm descriminating against the gay society. I'm doing this to guide the homophobes in our society, to somehow tell them how to treat the gay people around, and be more understanding. I'm also saying that if a gay person hits on you, it's not their fault, because you gave them the wrong signals, and you didn't make your intentions clear in the first place.
In the meantime, if you've got extra tissue lying around, and you've got nothing to do, click the above link and watch the 25 minute short story. It'll make you cry. I didn't, though, but I did manage to garner enough emotion for the guy, to be able to blog this.
'Love a gay man like he is straight. Don't descriminate!'-by Yourstruly. xD