copyrighted by limdejun;djrhapsody;darkdegree
right-click is banned @ gunshotx.blogspot
! dug deep in the sand
& in words of mine

-within the hidden words, i find
the love of moonlight
<body>
THIS
is where you pardon me if I happen to come undone.

bold italic underline link it all.

markcheng .

Name: Mark Cheng (kradnum)
Age: 20 going on 21.
Location: Singapore

NTU Wee Kim Wee School of Communication and Information'13
Anglo-Chinese Junior College'08
Unity Secondary School'06
Jurong Primary School'02

What you see on my blog, what you think and what you do thereafter, is your decision.

I'm readily contactable at markccy@gmail.com.

I'll gladly reply to everyone.

markccy@hotmail.com
for friendster.
and facebook.


recent comments .



REWIND .

June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
February 2008
March 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
October 2011


reads .

danrenzi.
mrbrown.
perezhilton.
pinkisthenewblog.
popaghandi.
postsecret.
thesuperficial.
xiaxue.


credits .

Designer: X X X
Image: X X
Style: X
Hosts: X X X
Font: X

Sunday, February 18, 2007
1:53 AM



Ahh, what a night. I hear the sounds of cheering and greeting, as people congratulate each other on the coming of a new year according to the Lunar Calendar. People are anticipating the hoards of people coming to pay them a visit them over the next few days, bearing mandarins and red packets (hopefully) stuffed with wads of cash. Oh the mood is rich in culture and celebration.

Oh how my stomach is sick with this overrated season. My goodness CNY is so damn overrated. I can't stand it.

Really, I don't see what's with all this superstition and anal-ness that creeps into people at this time of EVERY year? Let's see:

No borrowing of money,
Borrowed money has to be returned by the first day of new year,
No sweeping of the house on the first day of new year,
Go shopping for new clothes,
MUST RID HOUSE OF ALL OF LAST YEAR'S DUST,
Suck up to parents for first fifteen days of new year,
No negative hatred or grudges to be retained..

My goodness it's so dumb and retarded. To have a great year ahead you have to follow the above. Now let's see how my year ahead would be:

I haven't returned people all their money,
I've just mopped the floor cuz I spilled my milk,
I couldn't be bothered to buy new clothes,
and I haven't gotten over my anger at Ji- I mean, someone.

Wow 2007 shall be super fun and great for me, man.

Like, can you all not see that the media and the shops are exploiting the fact that everyone's rushing to buy cookies, soft drinks, and clothes for CNY, and you're paying ludicrous amounts of money for a FREAKING PINEAPPLE TART?! Please people, THINK!! Paying 5 bucks for what, 18 Pineapple tarts is NOT smart. The hype and the enthusiasm about CNY makes me puke, quite frankly, because there is nothing and I repeat NOTHING cute about watching pigs wearing oriental clothing wishing people good fortune. It's unnatural and it's NOT WHAT GOD MEANT HIS DEAR ANIMALS TO BE USED FOR.

But I do love two things about CNY:

numberONE:
Good food, and laughs with family during reunion dinners. Ofcourse when we talk about the entire Cheng family, then it'll be weird, awkward and forced conversations that are limited to 2 minutes max, if you're lucky. Still, the food and holidays are always a good thing to look out for.

numberTWO:
Okay this is when Dan turns on his mercenary self on and shoots out his right hand whenever he's done wishing a relative 'HAPPY NEW YEAR' in unapologetic anticipation. Inapropriate proactiveness for Red packets - if you'd prefer.

But yes other than that, CNY is severely overrated. All the hype and enthusiasm for these few days, are for nothing because CNY is boring. I don't care for meaningless superstitions and practices and I boldly declare myself a CNY-POOPER.


Bite me.


0 blabbs.