
It's funny how whenever we're presented with two options or two possibilities, we end up choosing the option which to us, is in our best interest.
Like me. I've been substituted in, just to act. I don't sing, and neither do I dance in this musical. Musical. Two possibilities:
numberONE:
Too strenuous, too much to catch up on, would be too taxing on me. They're just being nice by not letting me dance and sing.
numberTWO:
They think I'm incompetent and I'm incapable of pulling off a tune, and that I have two left feet.
Which did I pick? Of course the latter. Maybe it's because I'm a masochist by nature and love to mingle with my melancholic and melodramatic half, but Dan is certain that the real reason why I took the latter to heart, was because it gave me a chance to prove myself. It gave me a reason to work hard and be the underdog, and be able to shock people with what I'm capable of doing. It gave me another goal to work towards.
Subconsciously, the second possibility was in my best interest because it gave me a reason and a route to better myself, to become an even greater performer. I subconsciously knew that feeling hurt was only going to put me in greater steed in the future.
So yes, I'm working on my body and my voice. More singing, more conditioning, more dieting. I'll be as hot as that guy Beverly has a crush on. I'll sing as well as him, and I'll dance better than any other person in ACJC (wow, that was a bold statement). I'll make you regret you ever doubted my capabilities as a performer.
Wait, you do know that I am only talking in figurative language, right? I highly doubt I'll out-dance and out-sing these people, but GAHH you get what I mean.