
I guess it's a part of my nature to not accept the person that I am, and just be contented with myself. I cannot accept mediocrity, and I definitely cannot accept anything other than the best of myself. I just can't, because I did not get to where I am today - both as a person and as well as my experiences - just by accepting what I was blessed with. I couldn't. I just couldn't.
But funny how nowadays, I have no option but to accept that there are things I can't do - people that I can't emulate. I have to accept that I am not superman. I can't handle everything all at once, despite my innate desire to attempt to try.
I don't have the time to take these things on. I don't have the physical strength to do certain things. I don't have the talent or know- how to do things, and it eats me up inside because everything just amounts to so much feeling of incompetence and inadequate-ness. I hate feeling like that, because it's the one emotion that I haven't mastered suppressing.
Until now.
I learnt that accepting is the first step to getting over what hurts you most.
In this case, it means that I have to get over the fact that I can't do certain things because probably I wasn't meant to do those things. Not everything's meant for me and I have to acknowledge that. No point lingering and hoping that I'd get it someday. I won't, because I am not capable of it. I have to accept it. Because only then, will I get over it.
Lord, if only I took my own advice.