copyrighted by limdejun;djrhapsody;darkdegree
right-click is banned @ gunshotx.blogspot
! dug deep in the sand
& in words of mine

-within the hidden words, i find
the love of moonlight
<body>
THIS
is where you pardon me if I happen to come undone.

bold italic underline link it all.

markcheng .

Name: Mark Cheng (kradnum)
Age: 20 going on 21.
Location: Singapore

NTU Wee Kim Wee School of Communication and Information'13
Anglo-Chinese Junior College'08
Unity Secondary School'06
Jurong Primary School'02

What you see on my blog, what you think and what you do thereafter, is your decision.

I'm readily contactable at markccy@gmail.com.

I'll gladly reply to everyone.

markccy@hotmail.com
for friendster.
and facebook.


recent comments .



REWIND .

June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
February 2008
March 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
October 2011


reads .

danrenzi.
mrbrown.
perezhilton.
pinkisthenewblog.
popaghandi.
postsecret.
thesuperficial.
xiaxue.


credits .

Designer: X X X
Image: X X
Style: X
Hosts: X X X
Font: X

Monday, December 24, 2007
3:23 AM

Okay, so I don't suppose you could call my trip to Malaysia terribly fun, because it wasn't. There were 9 aunties and uncles and their spouses which make 18 already, 20-plus cousins, another 10-plus kids of my cousins and yeah, it was one giant Lee Family Convention. It's Lee, not Cheng because my mom's side in Malaysia are Lee by name. I haven't met my cousins and relatives there in such a long time, that it was so damn difficult to mingle (and the fact that they all either spoke only chinese and/or cantonese with no english whatsoever, did NOT help at all). I'm considered pretty alright in my grasp of my dialect in Singapore, but with them, my proficiency in cantonese would get me as far as asking about their lives in their homes, and that's it.

Take it this way. The most fun I had in the entire trip was when I was playing and feeding the bunnies in the rabbit park somewhere on the hills of Genting. And the rabbit bit me. And I bled. And I thought I was going to get Rabies. Until I realised that Rabies (however close it sounds to Rabbits) came from dogs. Not rabbits. Then I rolled my eyes at myself.

No, but I guess I really did enjoy myself despite the painful language barrier and the tension and awkwardness of trying to talk to a cousin with whom you haven't spoken to in about 7 over years. It wasn't a FUN FUN FUN HAHAHAHAHAHAHA WHEEEEEEEEEEEE kind of enjoyment that I experienced, but more of a.. How shall I say this. More of satisfaction and just pure gladness in being able to see an incomplete family of about 40-plus people jammed into a 4-room apartment for a massive steamboat party dinner. The adults were mingling and catching up, the toddlers were running from room to room playing hide-and-seek and catch, and the teens just stood around attempting to converse with each other. It was lovely to see three generations of family jostling around for food and drink, and the cacophony of it all was just simply music to my ears. The love in the room was amazing, and you could feel everyone's sense of relief that this was yet another year with all the family still alive and in tact - which means alot, when you have aunties reaching 70 soon. It's quite alot to be thankful for if you think about it.

And that's when it hit me.

My joy and gladness faded into a grey-infused red sea of fear and worry and if possible, even apprehension. It turned out, that I was afraid. Afraid of losing this warmth and love. Afraid of losing my mother. Afraid of my heart breaking. Afraid of parting with a person so dear to me. Afraid of never being able to move on. Afraid of losing control to the laws of the universe. And in a way, I was afraid of forgetting, and I guess it's possible that I began to become afraid of remembering.

It's the entire paradox of life, all condensed into one four-room apartment on Genting View Resort, that it's:

Only when you love, can you lose;
Only when you remember, can you forget;
Only when you're happy, can you be sad;
Only when you live, can you die;
Only when you feel, can you be numb;
Only when you have it all, can you lose it all;
Only when you enjoy and savour, can you long and yearn.

We're all afraid of how things may turn out, and I guess, I'm so afraid of losing people like my mom, that I try so hard to block out everything about her. And like my family in Malaysia. I realised, that at the end of it all, the pain of losing is so worth it. Enjoying every last ounce of love this family could give each other would only make the pain of losing anyone of them so much more intense. But it's worth it because you will never ever find anything which will compare to such pure, unadulterated, beautiful things of the world.

Fear is what runs our lives. It makes our life better if you actually think about it. Like how we work so hard for fear of failing and starving and becoming miserable. So yes, fear helps and runs our lives. But fear should never be the end of the story. Of any story. Of your story. Of my story.

Be brave.


0 blabbs.