
Look at this picture and note the first thought that goes through your mind when you realise that this picture was found on my blog.
Chances are, you'd have thought that I'd have some fetish for girls kissing.
Well, then take a look at the next picture and what's the first thing that comes to your mind again, when you realise that it's on my blog.

Chances are that you'd think that I'm either a slasher or that I'm somewhat homosexual.
Please let it be clear that both hasty assumptions are not true, and that I'm happily asexual. I do not, although, have any aversion to any persons who might be associated with such adjectives.
Strangely enough, I'm trying to show Passion to you. It's difficult to portray in it's purest most potent and most appropriatable form because unless I portrayed it using 'Paint' from the the computer like so,
Yes I do realise it's Red, Blue and Gold. :) Passion AC, get it?!
Passion could be portrayed in such vast and different ways.
Let me get all nonsensical once again. I love controversy because it's my belief that controversy is such a strong tool to make people think. By making you associate me with either a lecher, or a slasher, you are shocked to think about what I could possibly mean apart from the obvious showing of Gay love i.e. passion. It really isn't about the gay kiss. It's more than that. It's really about a passion for anything: an activity, for a friend, for an object, for life.. The list is endless. By striking a taboo chord within you, I've made you doubt your initial assumption about me, thereby forcing you to wonder if a possible alternate interpretation exists. Sure, as a friend interjected, you could ofcourse use a runner or an athlete. Sure, no problem. How about a chef? Sure thing, but do note that either image would cause very different initial assumptions from people about you.
Lesson of the day is to not be too quick to judge. On a side note, a person may smoke and drink, but that doesn't automatically make the person 'bad', or a 'negative influence'. It's unfortunate that the society is too quick to compartmentalise, summarise*, and judge. No wonder our society's quite fucked up.
Pictures are such wonderful things, I find. A photographer once said that there really is no such thing as an objective photograph. Everything is biased based on the angle in which it is shot, what elements of the back ground to eradicate and which aspects of the image to focus on. Body language, every wrinkle, every colour all inevitably taint a picture with opinion and thought.
Wouldn't you agree?
(Ofcourse, you could be the type of person who already thinks of me with those adjectives mentioned above in mind, which is fine. Takes one to think he knows one. :D)--
*terminology borrowed from a friend.