
Ever insist on someone being a great person, by all of their outward expressions of love, care and concern, their brilliance, and their friendliness, only to find out for yourself how dreadfully wrong you'd been? We often look to the tangible, and the most painfully apparent to validate our initial impressions of someone, and in the process, ignore our intuitions - that little silent voice within the recesses of your mind, with it's voice of doubt echoing with caution within your head telling you to think twice. Please, please think twice.
Often, we doubt that voice, and we are stubborn enough to resent that voice. We force our selves to give people the benefit of the doubt over and over again, simply because we think that logically speaking, a reasonably good-looking person with a cute laugh and smile, cannot possibly be capable of the simplest, most sinister of deeds. Well often, they are, and the very fact that you are struggling to find a way to repress such negative thoughts could be indicative of your intuition telling you to beware, and be careful with that person.
I'd never have thought someone so good-looking, kind, amiable, easy-going, and seemingly genuine could make me so frightened. That look in your eyes as I asked you for an answer, the way you avoided my eyes, the way you replied me, the way you walked away - I'd never felt so afraid of you before. How is it that in the span of just 30 seconds, I could find you so amazingly great, then find you so cold and ambiguous and so frighteningly foreign. I'd always thought your smile was so genuine, but it felt so scaly and fixed, and your presence no longer calmed me, but instead made me so incredibly unsafe and vulnerable that I started to panic. How could this have happened? More importantly, I can't believe I felt such things from you, and all that my friends had warned me about became so blatantly apparent in you in just one night. I'm frightened of you. I really am.
It's not about being cynical. It's not at all about looking at everyone and thinking that they've got a hundred knives in their pockets waiting to wedge themselves at the back of your skull the moment you turn around - please don't get me wrong. It's really about, trying to see the best in people, and while putting aside and ignoring petty little judgements - 'OMG you CLUB? (he must totally be a bad person)' or 'OMG that's so grosse! (he must be some pervert, saying such grosse things)' or 'OMG such MUSIC! (I bet he worships Satan)' that are not only meaningless, but are also pathetically childish and annoyingly naive - listening and carefully considering that little, tiny voice that comes from the back of your mind that is raising the red flag on you and sounding alarms. Intuition, no matter how absurd they seem in the light of the obvious physical traits and characteristics of a person, still have some part to play when you're forming your impressions and judgements of people. Take it with a pinch of salt, sure, but at least don't dismiss it too quickly. What more, if your friends raised that red flag before that little voice did, and they're you close friends, it would be wise to think it through even more.
Because no matter how much you try to tell yourself that someone's great and that all the times you've felt hurt or shocked was because of circumstances and nothing more because that person's simply too 'friendly, caring, good-looking, and amiable' to be capable of causing harm no matter how big or small it is to you, think again. Anything's possible, and truly.
Nobody's perfect.