copyrighted by limdejun;djrhapsody;darkdegree
right-click is banned @ gunshotx.blogspot
! dug deep in the sand
& in words of mine

-within the hidden words, i find
the love of moonlight
<body>
THIS
is where you pardon me if I happen to come undone.

bold italic underline link it all.

markcheng .

Name: Mark Cheng (kradnum)
Age: 20 going on 21.
Location: Singapore

NTU Wee Kim Wee School of Communication and Information'13
Anglo-Chinese Junior College'08
Unity Secondary School'06
Jurong Primary School'02

What you see on my blog, what you think and what you do thereafter, is your decision.

I'm readily contactable at markccy@gmail.com.

I'll gladly reply to everyone.

markccy@hotmail.com
for friendster.
and facebook.


recent comments .



REWIND .

June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
February 2008
March 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
October 2011


reads .

danrenzi.
mrbrown.
perezhilton.
pinkisthenewblog.
popaghandi.
postsecret.
thesuperficial.
xiaxue.


credits .

Designer: X X X
Image: X X
Style: X
Hosts: X X X
Font: X

Friday, July 24, 2009
12:54 AM



If I look at every single photograph that I take, and have to see the sadness- even the extent to which a person is not happy, then I might not ever want to look at another photograph, ever. It's painful to stare so intently into a picture, adjusting and tweaking, and then realising that what's jarring about the picture isn't just a couple of technical components, rather it's the rawness of the soul that has been captured. Regardless of the fact that this was self-taken, and that hardly anything very impressive has been done to the photograph, looking at this photograph of my mother and I, can you not see how sad she is? All the years of wear, the pain, the strain, the worries and all the fears? The staleness in her eyes, the pursing of her silent lips, and all the years of hopes and anticipation all held within the complex of eyes- how can anyone bear to see more of such pictures.

It's crushing, and I never realised how blatant all these complexities were. Everyday I walk by her, I look through her, and I glance past her, never seeing, never noticing. But now, as I sit in front of the computer staring at her face as I edit this picture, I finally see it. I finally feel it. And I'm afraid. Finally, I get a taste of what goes on within the recesses of my mother's soul, and I'm not sure if I can handle it.

In all finality, this photograph frightens me. And I could cry.



--
edit:

Photographs are indeed so incredibly poignant. I still can't believe how every portrait is so incredibly ridden with a powerful backstory; a history that is untold, unexplored and possibly even unknown.







I never thought editting photographs would yield such a revelation for me. It's indeed, truly quite beautiful.


0 blabbs.