
There are those days when it seems almost impossible to find any trace of good in all humanity, and for those very upsetting moments, every single flaw in every being around you is evident, and you catch yourself thinking, "when I do find that someone- that special someone, who is above all that, that one will be the one".
It's a very uneasy feeling, and I don't like thinking about how this person is too individualistic to care about anyone else but herself most of the time, or how that person stands on some apparent higher ground and sees everyone as beneath him, because I as always give people the benefit of the doubt, and always believe that I'm just being sensitive, and that maybe it's just me. And maybe it really is me, seeing as how I just realised that it's been quite a while since I last took my medication. But regardless, the feelings exist for a reason, and I believe that no matter what the circumstances under which these emotions are felt, they exist for reason.
It's times like these that I want to walk away and walk home alone, or spend an evening alone in a dark room and just be by myself. Not because I'm particularly emotional or being overly melodramatic, but because of my temporary need for isolation from the ugliest that the world has to offer. I by no means am suggesting that I am not free from my quirks and my ugliness as well, and I accept very openly, the fact that I have my flaws and my characteral traits that make me equally undesirable and unpleasant. But the fact is that I try my hardest to understand and identify what those undesirable traits are, and I try my hardest to correct them. I'm sensitive to alot of things around me and I understand that it's annoying, but I feel that I have a right to because I am equally if not more cautious and wary of how others see me as a human being as well. I suppress so much of myself to accommodate to what parts of me some people like and don't like, and it gets tiring. Sure, be yourself. Don't worry about what the world thinks. Yeah, easier said than done.
I'm not making myself out to be this immensely tortured emotional soul who "wears a mask" and slips the cracked mask off "when no one's looking", and that "no one really understands who I really am". I'm not quite as indulgent as that. But I am saying that I'm frustrated that I'm trying my hardest to be an ideal, perfect human being who is capable of making the people around me happy and feel safe around me, of making God happy, and making a positive change in society and my family, and no one else (or at least, very, very few) seems to be trying to do the same.
The world doesn't consist of just you. The world consists of more than just you. And while you think that serving yourself and doing yourself justice is the most important thing in the world, I think what the world really needs is for people like you to realise that this society needs more people who genuinely do care about others, who look past their own emotions and circumstances to see if there are others who are in greater need, who do what's necessary to help the generations that come after us, and who believe that they aren't perfect and should constantly work to making themselves better human beings.
The world needs love. The world doesn't need you. The world needs the world.