
Music has the power to make your heart swell with so many emotions. With just a chord, with just a transition, with just a simple swelling of the strings in the background, it can make you keel over in tears, or warm the coldest heart.
It's graceful, it's impartial and it's so beautifully pure. At the same time, it can be so unapologetically brash, harsh and even raw in it's pain and you never can predict the impact it will have on different people. That is the beauty of music. And while I speak of the subject as a person who knows next to nothing on the technicalities of music, I speak with the conviction of a person who's felt the power of music despte not really understanding it fully.
I love music. Not quite as much as I love the stage, but it comes pretty close. Seldom do I speak of things with such vigour and passion. (:
I sing with my mouth. But I listen with my heart.