
Lady Gaga appeared on The Oprah Show on 15th January 2010, and when asked about what was the biggest message she wanted her fans to receive, she said teary-eyed, directly and unwaivering at the audience:
"I want them to free themselves, and I want them to be proud of who they are, and I want them to celebrate all the things they don't like about themselves the way that I did, and be so truly happy on the inside. And I say that so genuinely to you because I perform every night and I look at your beautiful eyes and I love you so much. And I know how you feel. Be yourself, and I never gave up on my dream. Be good to your parents. Keep good solid relationships with your parents, because I have a wonderful mother and father and they always believed in me and I worked so hard and never give up on yourself."
Granted she was slightly incoherent, but her message is strong, positive and clear. She's more than just a controversial performer. I hope people would finally see and understand that about her.