
He met me at the place by the river and he ordered us some beers and pizza. He paid for my Green Day concert tickets, and he sent me home in his amazing car, but not before getting us both a couple of drinks. He took care of me, and we had alot of fun rocking out, and then talking in his car after as he was driving me all the way back. I don't deserve this amazing treatment, but yet, he still gives and gives, every single time unconditionally. And I admire that about him.
He is my brother in law, and in so many ways, I look up to him, and what him and my sister have accomplished together. Don't get me wrong, but there are a million other things I could say about my brother, or my parents, and a whole lot of other people, but tonight, I'm focussing on my brother in law. He's so god damn young, yet so god damn accomplished. He has a happy family with two kids, has a striking career, amazing friends, is a wonderful guy, and all in all, he's an amazing person in and out.
Why all this talk about him? Well, he reminds me of why I'm doing the degree I'm doing now. I'm doing the one thing that I can that will give me the highest chances of getting to a place where I'm able to lavish my love and affection and generosity on other people around me: all the people I love and adore, whether they think they deserve it, or not. I want to be able to do everything that he's done for me, for his children, and for my children- like, you know, taking them out to a concert or something! I wanna be able to make people happy. He inspires me, and tonight, like that night when he brought me to Keane's concert, was a night to remember.
Derrick Lau is one of the most amazing people around, I daresay. I'd be blessed to be even half as accomplished as he is right now, and will continue to be.