You know, people often have their epiphanies about religion and spirituality at very dire and dark points of their lives. That is, of course, understandable since it's when we've lost all resource, drive and vigour to push through in our lives, that we begin to fathom the need to take a step back and re-asses life, and/or reconnect with God/religion. Only then, do people finally begin to get back on their feet.
Me, right now. I'm neither at my highs, nor am I at my lowest. Years of constant stress and work under immense pressure have hardened me, and I'm not at all as fragile as the average student. I am burdened, heavily weathered, but I'm not beaten. It's also precisely because I've been burdened, that I'm not quite as carefree and celebratory as I usually am. But nevertheless. It's not a bad place to be in.
That said, despite me not being in one of the lower points of my life, I've managed to find peace and contentment in my life, and in my relationship with God. I've somehow come to a point where I know that if I were to slowly descend into my lows, I'd be ready because He'd be holding my hands, guiding me through it safely. And at the same time, even if I'm not at my highest, I know I could do so much worse if I didn't have Him. It's a stage in my life, when I'm so unbelievably emotionally stable and secure. I'm thankful for the peace I've found. I'm thankful for his love. I'm thankful for my relationships not just with Him but with the people around me. I am basically, very, very thankful.
You might not be at your highest, but think about it. You could do so much worse.
Be thankful. (:
Love,Mark