So this whole possibility of going on for exchange to the US has made me very much proud to be a Singaporean. I really do want to be an ambassador for Singapore and show the world all that our tiny little island has to offer. I want to speak in whatever broken Singlish I can muster, and I want to be proud of my love for chilli, and flaunt whatever little cantonese and mandarin I can as well. Yes, Singapore isn't perfect, but it comes pretty darn close in my heart. And with this little
benefits thing coming along (what exactly it is I don't really know- hurray for ignorant youth!) the reasons to love Singapore just keep piling on.
An additional note is on how one hour of youtubing Singapore national day songs of the past decade has made me realise how the names Stephanie Sun and Kit Chan have become synonymous with Singaporean pride- with three and four time appearances in national day songs, respectively. Not everyone can understand how it feels like to not just be a Singaporean, but a proud Singaporean as well. You've just got to experience it and come to your own conclusion yourself.
Damn straight I'm proud to be a Singaporean- and I didn't even need to do NS to be.

