Well, here I am. Almost an entire year away from the very place that I used to call home. There were some great times back in my old-but-not-as-old-as-this-blog tumblr, but that was mostly because of my somewhat overactive Twitter account. It's funny how we drop everything that was once familiar to us at the drop of a hat and all for the prospect of something new and hopefully better. Yet at the end of the day, here we are exactly where we once were when we first started out- glad and thankful that nothing has changed since we'd left.
I haven't blogged in almost a year. To put it more cruelly, I'm four short days from a full 365 days since I last blogged on my blogspot account. I miss this familiarity and the home that I'd built. I miss everything about my current account. The familiar black background, the familiar formatting, the fonts that were ripped from some poor designer years ago, and a picture that I'd painstakingly uploaded and formatted into the layout. It's familiar, it's cosy, it's home, and come to think about it, maybe 361 days ago I was too eager to leave for allegedly greener pastures. Too eager to leave behind a past I wasn't proud of; too eager to pretend like all the horror stories of my past weren't true; too eager to hope for a better, brighter future. Not all bad things, but definitely not good either. But anyway, I'm getting ahead of myself with all this self-bashing.
Now, in the spirit of the festive Chinese New Year celebrations (which most of my loyal, long time readers would recall is one of the least favourite holidays), I've decided to do a little spring cleaning of my own. However, not in terms of my room - since I haven't lived in my room in over a year - but in terms of my blog. Yes, I am going to post up another image of myself in the spirit of change. A little change - I might add - since I've changed so much in the past year and it's only fitting that my blog change - slightly - as well.
Heh, well look at me. From being so eager to seek and embrace change, to suddenly becoming a great conservative of change. But I guess everything in its time. Small changes at a time.
Alright now that this first entry is done, I shall scrub up and head to bed. Chinese New Year reunion dinner is tomorrow and I don't think that dark eye circles would go well with my as-yet unplanned frumpy outfit. I shall blog more (and by 'blog', I of course mean 'bitch) about the holiday in the days to come. Till then, feel free to follow me at @markmarkcheng on twitter.

Like it or not, I'm back and I'm not going anywhere and you have Carrie and the other fabulous girls from Sex And The City to thank.
-MC